Regulations for the processing of personal data
1. These regulationsfor the processing of personal data (hereinafter – the Regulations) establish the procedure by which the controller ensures the processing, security and protection of the data of the participants and visitors of Economic Conference 2023, which takes place on 8 November 2023 on the premises of the National Library of Latvia at Mūkusalas iela 3, Riga (hereinafter – the Conference). The controller has engaged data processors to ensure the running of the event.
Purpose and legal framework for personal data processing
3. The purpose and legal framework for personal data processing is:
3.1. to ensure the registration and participation of Conference participants in the Conference (processed personal data: first name, surname, e-mail address, position and name of the represented legal person). The legal framework for processing personal data is Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation – the public interest;
3.2. to ensure the exchange of organisational and operational information with Conference participants (processed personal data: first name, surname and e-mail address), including for obtaining feedback on the Conference (evaluation). The legal framework for processing personal data is Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation – the public interest;
3.3. to ensure the publicity and promotion of the Conference, the raising of public awareness, photography and video recording during the Conference, as well as the publication of photo and video materials on the internet and social networks (processed personal data: first name, surname, image, voice recording and name of the represented legal person). The legal framework for processing personal data is Article 6(1)(e) of the General Data Protection Regulation – the public interest.
Personal data for registration at the Conference
4. The participant registers for the Conference at https://conference.bank.lv/ where the participant enters his or her personal data confirming that he or she has read the Regulations.
5. When registering for the Conference, the participant provides the following personal data: first name, surname, e-mail address, position and name of the represented legal person.
6. Upon arrival at the Conference, the participant will be identified by their first name and surname and will receive an admission card.
7. The Bank reserves the right to restrict or deny access to the Conference to any person.
Time limits for collection, storage and deletion of personal data
8. The collection and further processing of personal data within https://conference.bank.lv/ is carried out from the time of registration of the Conference participant until 8 December 2023.
9. Personal data are stored and processed only to the extent and for the period necessary for the fulfilment of the purposes set out in these Regulations:
9.1. personal data specified in Paragraph 3.1 of these Rules – until 31 December 2033;
9.2. personal data specified in Paragraph 3.2 of these Regulations – for 30 days after the end of the Conference;
9.3. photo and video materials pursuant to Paragraph 3.3 of these Regulations – permanently (for the purpose of ensuring the archive of the events).
Consent of the Conference participant to the processing of personal data
10. By submitting personal data, the Conference participant confirms that he or she has read the Regulations. Participation in the Conference cannot be ensured without processing the Conference participant’s personal data.
11. If the Conference participant withdraws his or her consent to the processing of personal data, all personal data submitted by the Conference participant will be deleted, except in cases where it is not possible to delete the personal data if this would involve a disproportionate effort (for example, where materials have already been printed, photographs or audiovisual materials have been published).
12. The controller is entitled to use the material resulting from photography or video recording, in whole or in part, for any form of information on the Conference. The Conference participant is informed that the controller will exercise these rights freely at its own discretion and that the controller is also entitled to transfer these rights to third parties.
Rights of the Conference participant
13. The rights of the Conference participant are:
13.1. to request at any time from the controller information about the Conference participant as set out in Article 13 of the General Data Protection Regulation;
13.2. to access the relevant data and to obtain the information set out in Article 15 of the General Data Protection Regulation by contacting the controller;
13.3. to request from the controller the rectification, erasure or restriction of processing of the Conference participant’s personal data, or the right to object to such processing in accordance with Articles 17 and 21 of the General Data Protection Regulation;
13.4. if the personal data information provided by the Conference participant changes, the Conference participant is entitled to request the rectification (correction) of his or her personal data by contacting the controller.
14. The bank involves data processors:
• SIA Audiovisual (registration No 40103779266), which will process the personal data when filming and interviewing the Conference participants.
• SIA LETA (registration No 40003229349), which will process the images of the Conference participants and will live broadcast the Conference (i.e. take photographs at the venue of the event).
• SIA DIVI Grupa (registration No 40003803059), which will maintain the Conference website.
• SIA ABC idea (registration No 40103285126), which will process personal data (name, surname and name of institution) for printing registration cards of Conference participants.
15. The controller takes appropriate technical and organisational measures to ensure secure processing of personal data, applies appropriate security policies and procedures to protect data from unauthorised access, unauthorised processing or disclosure, alteration or destruction.
Communication and procedure for exercising rights of the Conference participant
16. The Conference participant may exercise his or her rights, including the right to object or to ask questions to the controller, by writing to the Bank at K. Valdemāra iela 2A, Riga, LV-1050 or by e-mail to: email@example.com.
17. If the personal data information provided by the Conference participant changes, the Conference participant is entitled to request the rectification (correction) of his or her personal data by contacting the controller.
18. The Conference participant has the right to lodge a complaint with the Data State Inspectorate, Elijas iela 17, Riga, LV-1050, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.